The need for small loans can arise at any time. Courtesy of this necessity, multiple loan lending platforms have emerged to lend small personal loans quicker than a banking institution.
While such money loan app have been praised for the convenience they’ve brought to the public, they’ve amassed equal criticism regarding their probability of being hosts of fraudulent activities.
When fraud occurs through a salary loan app or a personal loan app, it is no doubt that the lender is the one who’s in the wrong. It is a common interpretation that people draw out of instances of fraud. But that doesn’t mean the borrower is completely helpless. There are numerous cautions that a borrower can practice to avoid being a victim of fraud in the first place.
- Check the app’s legitimacy: Before using an easy loan app, a borrower must thoroughly research the developer’s and company’s legitimacy. A borrower should check if the lender holds a valid money lender’s license. As a rule, all lenders must acquire a government-approved lender’s license before lending money to anybody. A borrower can take advantage of this and check publicly available government databases to verify if their lender is legitimate. It’s best to avoid lenders who don’t hold a valid lending license, as it might signal that they’re more likely to commit fraud.
- Check business registration: If the loan is being borrowed through an app owned by a company, it’s vital to investigate the company’s registration in your region. Research well about the company before taking any instant cash loans. Visit their website, and check their policies and reviews if available. The more information they have listed on their website, the more data you would have to assess their legitimacy.
- Verify reviews: It’s common for loan apps to have hundreds of reviews on their store listing or social media page. Whenever you come across reviews that seem to be repetitive, always check the reviewers’ authenticity. Fewer and more repetitive reviews by a reviewer can signal that the review is fake. On the other hand, if you come across actual reviews posted by reviewers, try reaching out to them to know more about the lender and their loan approval process.
- Read the terms carefully: It might sound obvious, but the overwhelming length of terms and conditions might keep you away from reading through all the pages of the document. Ensure you’re carefully reviewing each document page before you sign anywhere. If there is anything you feel confused about, always demand the lender for clarification. A legitimate lender will never muzzle you. If your lender hesitates to give you a clear answer, it’s better to move on to another lender.
- Beware of frequent crashes: if the loan app crashes frequently, it’s better to move on to another platform that functions smoothly. Usually, apps that have problems with their development can show incorrect invoices and register your loan amount for more than what it actually is.
Fraud is an unfortunate yet common occurrence. As a borrower, you must take all steps to verify the lender’s legitimacy before moving forward in the loan approval process. By being vigilant and cautious when using online loan apps, you can protect yourself from fraud and ensure that you are dealing with reputable lenders.